The HBC had a first – Ray had to toss out a “member.”. He had a few too many Miller Lites, but after he said he could beat up one of our founders (hint – his office is in a bobcat), he had to go. Even though Ray threw him out, he still has a better attendance record than Duncan.
HBC will be hosting its first New Year’s Eve party at The Snug. The group is excited and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone come out and enjoy the evening. Check out the evite at http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/BCQYBIIRSJJTIRIZYSMR/hbc-thirstnight and come and enjoy the party!
Although not confirmed, sources indicate that HBC’s neighboring rival, the Cohasset Wine Cooler Club, attacked members of the HBC last night outside the Snug in Hingham. At approximately 11:00 pm, HBC members, Jason, Tom and Justin were attacked with a barrage of eggs from the gang from Cohasset. Thankfully, no injuries were suffered, but revenge will be plotted at the next HBC meeting in July.
Photographic evidence will be uploaded shortly.
– Kevin and I agreeing that there is no need, no need at all, for our children to know how to read by the time they graduate from Wilder
– Kevin and I wondering aloud how long it will take for our children to be suspended from Wilder for disruptive behavior
– In depth discussion of the virtues of websites such as http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com
– Confirmation that Jeff is officially boycotting HBC (reasons unknown)
– Mike’s flawless recitation of the second verse of “Memo from Turner”
– My shockingly embarrassing attempt to recite the last page of “On the Road”
– Tom’s message to all future renters of his place on the Cape
– Plans for a future HBC wine tasting (sure to go the way of the infamous “2008 HBC Holiday Cruise”)
– A completed pack of Parliaments
– Justin’s 11:30 entrance
– Steady flow of Miller Lights
Until next month, then….
It could have been all bad, but our substitute bartender, Maria, did alright … she even hand delivered our rounds to us rather then making us reach across to grab them off the bar. Maybe Ray could learn a thing or two! But Ray was missed … nobody laughed at our jokes and we came to realize that we just aren’t that funny. I think we also broke the BITF head count record … 5 members closed the snug down last night. A solid team effort.
Now, I know that some of you are wondering why the Hingham Town Meeting would possibly appear as a topic on the Hingham Beer Club. Just to show you that this town has something for everyone, I wanted to share 2 items from the warrant that might impact our members …
1. Article 40 – Marihuana can no longer be smoked on public property folks. Just like your crazy Uncle use to tell you … keep it inside! The article pretty much makes smoking pot in public equivelent to drinking beer in public, something that I guess was necessary since pot has been decriminalized.
2. Article 46 – Hingham is out of liquor licenses! I guess when that happens, the Board of Selectmen has to go get permission from the state. Article 46 granted the right for the Board to go do this … This license is for the new “Biergarten” that is suppose to go in on station street. The article says that the place may be open late 2009/early 2010 …
Next Thursday’s regular HBC gathering is in some serious jeopardy. Ray, our bartender, has decided to put family first and attend his sons rugby match instead of being our go-to guy. Do we risk going to the Snug under such dire circumstances? Tom had a great idea … the rugby team is not sponsored by the school and rides to and from the matches are handled by the parents … HBC can sponsor the bus trip and have a road trip. Now that would be a worthy blog entry.
I almost forgot about this one … a few weeks ago, a few of us got together a random Sunday night to have a few and we ended up closing the place down. Tom, always the helpful guy that he is, helped bring in the flags and Jason jumped in for the snap … helpful guys all around!
A new mailing list has been created to facilitate communication between members. To subscribe to the mailing list, feel free to click here. Once subscribed, you can send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate to all of the HBC members. The membership page has also been updated to communicate the new mailing list.